Become a Foster
Foster parents are incredibly important to PawsCo’s mission to help animals who are struggling in a shelter environment. PawsCo provides all the supplies, training, and medical care needed for foster animals, and foster families provide love and stability while an animal is looking for its forever home.
The first step to becoming a foster is filling out a Volunteer Application. Our team of volunteers will contact you within 48 hours of submitting your application to let you know next steps. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for fostering with PawsCo! Because of you, PawsCo is saving the lives of many animals in need. Looking for something? Check out our foster resources below or send us an email at any time!
- Foster Guidebook (includes foster policies and FAQs)
- Foster Bio Form (to be filled out within 5 days of bringing your animal home)
- Temporary Foster Request Form (to be filled out when requesting short-term care)
- Foster Transport Request Form (to be filled out when transport is needed to Intake, vet appts, etc.)
- Calendar of Upcoming Events (intake dates, adoption events, etc.)
- Training and Behavior Resources (need one-on-one training support? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a PawsCo trainer)
- Adoption Process (all your adoption questions answered!)
- Spay/Neuter Resources (where to schedule an appointment for your animal)
- Foster Medical Guidelines (vetting policies and expectations for fosters)
- All foster animals must attend intake for vetting and photos prior to being cleared for adoption.
- Foster animals are not permitted in public (including adoption events) until they have been fully vetted and medically cleared by the Vet Care Team.
- Going out of town? Let us know ASAP so we can arrange short-term care for your animal. Foster animals are required to be in possession of approved PawsCo fosters at all times.
- Please keep a collar and PawsCo identification tag on your animal at all times.
- Some animals take longer than others to be adopted–we appreciate your commitment to fostering your animal until he or she is adopted!
- Have a foster emergency? Call 720-307-5000 and text 970-420-3316.
Questions or Concerns?
Email your Foster Support Team at email@example.com–we’re here for you!
The resources listed on this page are for current PawsCo foster families who have been through the onboarding process.